- Worn, flat or chipped teeth
- Erosion of the tooth enamel
- Sensitive teeth
- Jaw pain or tightness in the jaw
- A headache
- Facial pain
- Cuts or sores on the inside cheek
Treating Teeth Grinding in Birmingham, ALDr. Spink will perform a comprehensive exam to determine if teeth grinding is the cause of your tooth damage. Teeth grinding can lead to chipped or fractured teeth, and in advanced cases may even lead to tooth loss if not treated appropriately. The goal is to alleviate symptoms of teeth grinding, restore damaged teeth, and prevent future teeth grinding. Treatments For Teeth Grinding:
- Bite Guards: Dr. Spink can create customized, removable bite guards to protect the teeth from teeth grinding. Bite guards are similar to mouthguards, which provide a comfortable, durable solution for teeth grinding.
- Bite Alignment Therapy: A misaligned or crooked smile may be an underlying cause of teeth grinding. To correct a misaligned or crooked smile, Dr. Spink may recommend invisible braces, dental crowns, dental veneers or dental implants
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Depending on the extent of the damage, location, and your goals, Dr. Spink may recommend cosmetic dentistry to restore your smile. Dr. Spink may use porcelain veneers, cosmetic bonding, or dental crowns.
Schedule An AppointmentIf you would like to explore your treatment options, you should visit Spink Dentistry. Dr. Spink can work with you to find the right solution for your smile. If you would like to schedule an appointment, call 205.235.5043 or schedule an appointment online.
Posted in: Teeth Grinding