Modern restorative dentistry has made great strides in tooth replacement options, emphasizing the important role that a healthy, functional smile plays in daily quality of life.
Birmingham dentist Dr. Bruce Spink has extensive training in the placement and restoration of dental implants and recommends them when appropriate to patients who have lost one or more of their natural teeth. Dr. Spink offers full services for dental implants, which means that patients will have all phases of the procedure completed in his modern, comfortable Birmingham dentist office.
There are many reasons why dental implants have become the “gold standard” for tooth replacement and Dr. Spink takes the time to educate each patient on how they may benefit their long term dental health once it has been determined through examination that they are a candidate for this treatment.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Reduce bone loss in the jaw: dental implants help to retain bone by mimicking the natural tooth root
- Natural appearance and function: with dental implants, patients can enjoy a varied, healthy diet
- No need for daily maintenance: dental implants are permanent and secure- no adhesives!
- Normal speech: without the worry of a slipping appliance, patients can speak normally
- High satisfaction rate: current patients have enjoyed an over 95% satisfaction rate with dental implants.
Left untreated, missing teeth will eventually lead to additional, often complex dental problems. Bone loss allows the jaw to shrink, lending a more aged appearance, and remaining teeth will shift to accommodate for the space left behind. This can lead to an imbalanced bite that can cause tooth damage, TMJ and other disorders.
Dr. Spink recommends addressing lost teeth right away to ensure that there are a variety of choices for replacement and that results will be optimal. If you need to discuss a lost tooth, or teeth, schedule a consultation with Dr. Spink and restore your smile!
Posted in: restorative dentistry