Collection of Personal Data
Much of the Site can be viewed without registration, however you must provide certain identifying personal information to use certain portions of the Site or become a new patient. When you provide your personal information through the Site or submit a new patient form, Spink Dentistry will collect some personal data from you. In some instances, Spink Dentistry may gain access to some personal data through third-parties or affiliates. Some of the information that may be collected can include, but is not limited to:
- contact information such as name, email address, address and telephone number;
- information related to your health or family history;
- financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- additional information required to verify your identity;
- logs, contact information and other information about the communications between registered users.
- information based on your activities on the Site, such as search information, computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to, from and within the website, ad data, and IP address and standard web log information; and
- supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Spink Dentistry, a credit check may be conducted by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law); and
- any other information you may provide.
All personal data collected will be used, primarily, to provide the services offered by Spink Dentistry in an effective and personalized manner or to provide dental care. Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide services and customer support as requested, including confirming emails related to the website services, reminders and transactions.
- Facilitate communication between interested parties registered on the Site.
- Customize your experience and otherwise measure and improve the services and the Site’s.
- Keep you informed about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences. (There is an option to opt-out of email marketing communications)
- Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
- Measure consumer interest in the products and services offered on the Site.
- Help promote a safe service and detect and prevent error, fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activity.
- To customize an initial consultation through the information provided in the Business Analyzer.
- As otherwise described at the time of collection.
Spink Dentistry does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. Spink Dentistry may share some or all of your personal information with:
- Subsidiaries and assigns of Spink Dentistry and affiliate members. Affiliates will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you’ve requested their services.
- Parties to whom you grant permission for Spink Dentistry to share.
- Service providers under contract who help with the business operations of the Site; or
- As permitted by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal process.
The Site may communicate and facilitate communications between users through telephone, email, or other methods of communication. The Site may collect information related to such communication.
All users have the opportunity to opt out of receiving nonessential (i.e., promotional or marketing-related) communications from Spink Dentistry. To remove your contact information from Spink Dentistry’s lists and newsletters, notify Spink Dentistry in the manner described in such communications.
Spink Dentistry or its service providers may place cookies or web beacons on your computer when you visit portions of the Site. Permanent cookies help facilitate personalized features. Session cookies, which are deleted when you log out of the Site or browse to a different website, to monitor and improve the functionality and usability of our website. Cookies can be blocked by changing the settings on your browser (contact your Internet Service Provider for help), but doing so may prevent delivery of certain services.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
Spink Dentistry will make every reasonable effort to protect your personal data. Spink Dentistry, however, makes no warranty or promise that your personal data or private communications will not be intercepted due to unauthorized access or disclosure.
When delivering personal information to Spink Dentistry, please take appropriate precautions. If you choose to submit a New Patient Form in a means other than the secure online submission process available at the Site, please be aware of how you transmit the document to Spink Dentistry and take the appropriate precautions. If you are unsure of the best way to transmit the information, please contact a Spink Dentistry representative.
The information contained in this Site is subject to change without notice.
© 2011-2012 Bruce T. Spink, D.M.D., P.C. All rights reserved.
Bruce T. Spink, D.M.D., P.C.
Updated by Spink Dentistry’s General Counsel on February 23, 2012.